Annual MAP Student Member Scholarship
The Maryland Association of Paralegals offers an annual scholarship award. To qualify, paralegal student applicants must meet these academic requirements:
- Enrollment and active participation in minimum 6-hours of study in a paralegal education program
- Maintain minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale at the institution they currently attend
- The student who maintains a minimum of a 3.0 GPA may apply and/or reapply for additional scholarship funds on an annual basis
In addition to academic requirements (listed above), students must submit:
- Written essay, no more than 3-pages, double-spaced, on a topic chosen by the Selection Committee each year
- One or more Letter(s) of Recommendation from school instructor or counselor
- Copy of academic transcript
Student must submit all required documents, along with their application on a date set by the Selection Committee.
MAP Scholarship Awards
- All MAP scholarships are awarded without regard to race, color, creed, sex or age.
- Scholarship applications are mailed each year to the directors of paralegal programs at all local schools for dissemination to the students.
- Scholarship awards are presented at MAP’s annual celebration of Paralegal Day in May or the Annual Meeting in the fall.
- Scholarship(s) will be awarded upon the approval of the Selection Committee. If scholarship(s) are awarded, they will be awarded as follows:
One (1) scholarship awarded once annually in the amount of $500.00, or as otherwise set by the Selection Committee.
- The Selection Committee reserves the right to not make a scholarship award for good cause.
The scholarship recipient and guests are invited to attend the party as guests of MAP and a presentation is made at that time. The check for the actual scholarship award is made payable to the student and the school in which the student is enrolled.